Friday, July 4, 2008

New Life, or whatever

It's been a while since my last post--I've been busy. Now that I've graduated with a highly desirable MFA in Creative Writing people are creepily lining up at my door with torches and bats looking to hire me for various waitressing and data entry positions. Still, moving all the way from Florida to Washington has been a great learning experience, no doubt.

So what have I been up to since leaving the terrifying world of academia?
Well, after graduating I've managed to (not in any specific order):

Sink a literary magazine idea (although, still pending)
Maintain an indoor basil plant
Read a Tao Lin short story almost every night
Read "Eros" by Anne Carson
Get a haircut
Get a job at a data consulting firm
Cry about getting a job at a data consulting firm
Go to Orcas Island and see 13 Bald Eagles and no whales on a Whale Watching boat ride
Write 3 pretty bad poems and submit them to really well-known literary magazines
Sell a good portion of my clothing for food money (however, I still have two closets worth of clothes)
Console a few friends about the realization that their lives are no greater than mine
Write a book review

That might be it.
Next time I plan on having something interesting to say. No promises though.

No comments: